Count down to recital 4 weeks of classes left!
1. Statements: Attached are statements for May, any previous months yet unpaid, late fees if applicable, costume misc , shoes etc. If you missed the email that explained that Costume Misc is the “cleanup” when I go through each classes costume accounts adding in any props, hats, etc , and adjust either up or down. One class got an $8.00 credit this year, most have either no additional or a small amount .
2. Picture day: Is this Saturday April 29th. A schedule was previously sent home on paper and emailed out. There are a number taped to the doors and windows in the studio. If an emergency comes up please let us know, other wise we hope that everyone will be able to be there Dancers are to wear their costumes, tights, dance shoes, hair as in the note, makeup is not necessary unless you and your dancer wish.
3. Recital reminder: Recitals are Saturday, May 20th at South High School. There is no admission charge, no tickets to buy. We choose to keep things simple by having a recital fee. Your dancer may be in either the 1:00 show, the 4:30 show or both. The two shows are different - only 4 dances repeat- so we do encourage you to watch both if you are able to. There are no reserved seats. South does not allow us to bring food or drink into the auditorium. In the past many people have thought this rule did not apply to them.
Remember to use positive words with your young dancer. “I’m so excited to see you dance.” “I’m so proud of you”. “You have worked so hard to learn your dances” will uplift your dancer. Words like “are you scared?” “Don’t get stage fright” “Nothing to be afraid of” only imply that something worrisome is about to happen to them.
Celebrate with them before and after the program. Sometimes the little ones get overwhelmed with new experiences. I’ll be standing on the corner of the stage where they can see me and feel safe and secure and enjoy their recital. It’s all about the kids that day! So make it a big deal, I loved going out for ice cream with my parents after my recitals! You can even wear your costume if you are careful with the fudge sauce!
4. Rehearsal schedule. I am still working on the rehearsal schedule. If it is not attached to this note if will come home shortly and be emailed.
5. POSTERS! It’s time to be working on and bringing in those dance posters for the recital lobby. The poster is about your child and (hopefully) by your child. Pictures, stickers, glitter Let them have fun making their I’m a Star Poster. I have few of last years that I will put out to display.
6. EMAILS If you are not getting our weekly emails please email me and I will try to get it straightened out. I would really like to become more “green” and use less paper (invoices this time were 176 pieces of paper! ), but so many clients tell me “I don’t bother looking at my email”, that I hesitate to go email only.
7. CARE HOME SHOWS AFTER RECITAL: the week after recital we traditionally go to many care homes and perform our dances for the residents. It’s a really good thing. If you have someone special in a particular home, please let me know and I will try to schedule your dancer there.
8. Love, Chloe Dance Extravaganza is this weekend. We are performing 3 dances, Yellow Rose of Texas, Just Like Fire and Centuries. Admission is by donation, there will be lots of raffle baskets. All funds raised go to the Monkey in My Chair program for pediatric cancer.
9. Our Taylor’s Twirlers have been busy at various competitions. We are so proud of how this program is growing. At State this weekend Kayden is the Novice 0-6 Kansas State Boys Solo Champion, Kinsly-Snow is the Novice 0-6 Kansas State Basic Strut and Solo Champion, Priscilla 10-12 Novice Kansas State Strut Champion and Allen won his Boy’s Solo.
This summer we are offering both classes and a clinic.
10. Summer! As I emailed I extended the sale price for summer camps and classes to April 30th, with payment due by May 15th. I hadn’t realized that it was Easter weekend that I originally had as the ending date for the sale. Take advantage of the discount and register now. Because of the sale prices you will not be invoiced online when you register we have to do that “by hand”. Your membership fee carries through July so only tuition or camp fees apply.
11. Class Preference sheets: Please turn those in this week if you can. I started working on the fall schedule but would like the members input.
12. LOVE NOTES; What are “Love Notes”? Love Notes are messages in the program to a dancer. For example:
Princess Ballerina: We are so proud of you, Love Mom and Dad.
Amazing Dancer: From your 1st recital to your senior recital you have always been our star. Grandma and Grandpa
Love Notes are $5.00 for simple text. If you want to include a photo with your love note the charge is $10.00 Please pay when turning in your love note.
Thanks for reading!