Vivette’s Dance Studio July newsletter
1) Hi all - June went flying by and I hope you are enjoying the summer time. I am keeping busy teaching our summer classes, working on new choreographies for our upcoming season, working on a new certification for myself, and listening to some new music. I have been enjoying the chance to really relax, sleeping in past 6am, sewing, knitting more, reading more and just laying on the sofa watching tv.
2) Photo’s came in Friday and we packed them up. They are at the studio ready to be picked up. We missed ordering two individual prints, Jenna Sperling and Madison Houte’s Jazz but they have been re-ordered and should come quickly.
3) Studio hours in the summer are Mondays 9am-6pm. Tuesdays 3-9pm, Wednesdays 2-5pm. Photo’s are on the table in the lobby in alphabetical order, all family units are in one bag.
4) Our pre-pointe students will be taking a trip to Kansas City to be fitted for their 1st pair of pointe shoes. They have been actively training for this since last August, so it’s a big deal.
5) Registration is now open for fall class that begin in August. We’ve had 5 new students register this week. Membership payments are not due until August, tuition payments begin in September so go ahead and chose the time that works best for you.
6) YARD SIGNS: We will again be having our yard sign fun. Take a yard sign and stake from the box under the green table. Put your name in the jar for a chance at winning a $50 studio credit. You get 1 entry for taking a sign, 1 entry for posting a facebook photo of your dancer with sign (tag me so I know), 1 entry for an instagram post (tag me so I know) and 2 entries for returning the sign the last week of September.
7) JULY 4TH! PLAY DAY IN THE PARK! Do stop by Oakdale park for Playday in the park fun, games, free ice cream treats (long as they last) and pop. Entertainment including our own Summer Dances on or in front of the Eric Stein Stage at 12:30
Performance order: Remember to wear something red/white/blue, patriotic, flagish, 4th of July colors.
7+ Ballet - Proud to be an American
4-6 Ballet - America the Beautiful
7+ Tap - Grand Old Flag
4-6 Tap- Yankee Doodle
7+ Jazz (will not perform due to lack of dancers - but we will perform at a care home)
SUMMER CLASSES AND REHEARSALS end on Wed Aug 1. Lobby Floors need to be stripped and refinished, and other things that are easier to do when we can shove all the lobby contents into a studio for a week or two.
8. Tri Rivers Parade Tuesday August 7th 7pm I am looking for a small trailer like this to borrow or rent for the parade and also for the September parade.