To the Pointe! Nov 2018 Newsletter
Our Starfeet Performance team at The Dance Effect Intensive in Wichita
TO THE POINTE! VIVETTE’S DANCE STUDIO’S NOVEMBER 2018 NEWSLETTER
1. STATEMENTS: Attached to this newsletter are statements for TUITION. Autopay will run on Nov. 10th if not paid before. If you have statements for Sept or October this means that something in your auto pay is not working, please stop at the desk. Often times it’s as simple as a new expiration date. Autopay runs once, it does not keep trying.
2. COSTUME DEPOSIT INVOICES: These are a guesstimate, so that you can budget. As I make decisions on costuming I will delete the deposit invoice and replace with the actual invoice that will include sales tax. Payments for costume deposits should be made at the desk or mailed in to make it easier for me to delete the deposit invoice. You may make payments to your deposit in any amount at any time. Some like to do several small payments, some clients like to do 1 large one. Some like to wait for December and pay all at once.
I try VERY HARD to stay under the deposit guesstimate amount. This year is a little different because of the tariff situation. Many costume fabrics and costumes come from Asia... I try to buy made in USA when I can.
I am planning to hold costs down for the Meteors, Constellation and Galaxy classes by finding one costume that can work for both tap and jazz . Galaxy has an invoice for both hip hop and pom because I’m just not sure what we are doing with that yet.
3. Miss Vivette is having cataract surgery on her left eye on Nov. 19th, since we will be closed Nov. 21-24 for Thanksgiving its just easier on me to close the studio for the Monday and Tues of Nov. 19th and 20th.
I’ll be back the next week. My only restriction is that I can’t bend over for 2 weeks so I will modify what I do and talk more. My first one was a breeze so I anticipate this one will be also.
4. CALENDAR DATE: We will be performing at the Mayor’s Christmas Party on Sunday Dec. 9th . More details later. I will provide skirts as I did for Halloween. Nebula dancers will need a black sleeveless leotard or tank top and snug fitting black shorts, with tan tights and their jazz shoes.
Other performances will be posted on our facebook page and by email as they come up.
5. PERFORMANCES: We performed for the residents of Arbor Court and for the Bike Ks Annual Halloween Bash in October. Dancers were great and everyone loved seeing them.
6. NEW CLASSES :
Session Two of Tutu Two’s will begin on Monday Nov 5, with 6 class sessions meeting Nov. 5, 12, 26, Dec 3, 10, 17. Fee is $32.00 It will not be an exact repeat of Session 1, always something new to learn.
We will be starting new classes in January Comets Ballet / Tap meeting Thur 5:15-6:15 for ages 4-7 and Hip Hop Tots meeting Tues 5;15-5:45 for ages 3-6. Tell your friends, please, word of mouth is our best advertising.
7. TDW- THE DANCERS WORKOUT - An adult dance based fitness class meeting Wed 7:15-8:15. It’s a fun class, great music, a real workout. Come try a class for free to see how much fun it is. Drop the kids off at youth group and come work out!
8. STARFEET PERFORMANCE TEAM: Our Starfeet team previewed two of their performance pieces at the Arbor Court performance. They will be attending an all day dance intensive in Wichita on Sunday, Nov. 4th.
I AM SO THANKFUL FOR ALL OF MY DANCERS AND THEIR PARENTS. I AM THE LUCKIEST PERSON TO BE ABLE TO DO WHAT I LOVE TO DO EVERY DAY. Miss Vivette