1. STATEMENTS: Attached to this newsletter are your statements containing open invoices from Aug through May. Auto pay will run on the 10th. Please may sure your card details are up to date to ensure that your auto payment goes through correctly.
2. Picture day was fantastic! All the dancers from littles to middles to the “bigs” looked so nice.
3. All costumes are in and have been sent home, nicely steamed in garment bags. Big thanks to Miss Sharon and Miss Sarah for their work getting those ready to go home.
4. Care Homes: We will be performing at several care homes before and after recital. Dancers will wear their costumes but you might want to keep the nice tights for recital. Schedule will come out soon, we’ve been playing phone tag,
5. Recital is Saturday, June 1st, 1:00pm at South High School. Dancers will arrive no later than 12:40. There is NO ADMISSION CHARGE. Your dancer will receive some little invitation tickets to give to relatives and friends closer to time.
Rehearsal will be on Friday. I hope to have the big girls come in early in the afternoon to rehearse theirs but the school and I are still negotiating. Rehearsal will begin at 6:00 for littles, middles and adults, we will start with the finale, after the dancers have rehearsed all their dances they are free to go.
6. The Starlets will be wearing studio provided shirts and tutu’s for Ghostbusters and Casper. Miss V will bring them to the recital and you will leave them there, just like we do at the care homes.
7. At picture day I realized that some parents had not yet ordered an “underliner.” This is simply a nude colored spaghetti strap leotard that the dancers wear under their costumes. Underliner, tights, costume. All the younger dancers are in one room, there is no privacy. Makes it easier to change costumes and sometimes takes care of an “itchy” costume issue. Please order from Discountdance.com or even Amazon.
8. Please take a moment to mark all shoes with your dancers name or initials. They often get mixed up at care homes or left behind and this makes it much easier to reunite lost shoes with dancers.
9. T-shirt sizes: My updated file simply dissappeared and I had to start over. I sent out an email asking for okays and changes. I got about 50% response. Please check your emails.
I had a wonderful Easter weekend being able to visit my siblings in Omaha for the 1st time in 2 years, and celebrating my daughters birthday long distance as she was not able to join us. I hope your family had a great time also.
SUMMER: I am working on a summer schedule. I sent out a survey asking about best times for classes through our emails and posted on our FB page. I only got 6 reponses so I’m hoping I make a schedule that works great for you.
FALL Schedule is being worked on also.