April 2 – Vivette’s Dance Newsletter
This is week 28 of our dance season, week 3 of the new Dazzlers.
1. Invoices will go through on Monday the 10th. Invoices are attached to this newsletter if my printer was co-operating ….it’s been temperamental lately.
2. We are of course closed on Easter weekend this weekend. If your Thursday dancer is going to miss for church please let me know. I already know that 2 will be missing. If I get down to 1 dancer in each class I will probably just cancel.
3. I was able to order all instock costumes for the new Dazzlers classes and they should be in shortly. I had to do some searching for sizes but I’m happy with the ones I was able to get. Quite cute!
4. Last call to order dance shoes. I have several who have asked me to order, Please get with me by Wed.
5. Underliners: Reminder, I’ve said this before but I know how easy it is to forget to do something. Dancers that change costumes….Comets 1, Comets 2, Meteors, Constellation need to have an underliner a skin tone camisole leotard that takes the place of underwear. We change in common space at care homes and recital, so this is important as we really don’t want our dancers getting naked in front of everyone to change. Please order from Amazon or Discount Dance. I just had the underwear talk with a young dancer who had bunchy panties hanging out from her leotard that we don’t wear panties under costumes. She said “Of course we wear panties!” . I asked if she wore them under a swimsuit and she said no, and I well an underliner is like a swimsuit, you don’t wear panties under it either.
6 . I have tights in all costume bags, am waiting on a couple of hairpieces and a few costumes need to be steamed yet, but will be sending home soon.
7 Performances : I have been asked to schedule performances at Holiday Resort, Arbor Court, Smoky Hill and Brookdale. I know Khloe K. has a grandfather at Holiday. Anyone else have a loved one somewhere. I’ll be scheduling April and May performances soon. Please wear OLD tights to these performances and save the show tights for photo day and recital.
8 Lists: I sent the recital t-shirt list out by Band, got 13 responses which is great but I need to hear from the rest. I really hate to send that much paper home, so can you please check Band for your dancers spelling and size? If a parent wants a shirt, they will be $18.00, please let me know if you want one. All dancers names are on the back of the shirt.
9. BAND: First you need to download the BAND app then use this invite code. https://band.us/n/a0ab88M0p8vfI
10. PHOTO DAY : I know I’m a bit behind on this but needed to make sure I’d have Dazzler costumes in time. Will Probably be Sat May 6 – please let me know if you have a conflict. Purchase of photo’s is optional, but I really want every one to be in group photos for the Hallway collage. The dancers love looking at it!
11. Reminder : Recital is Sunday, June 4th, 2pm. We do not do a dress rehearsal as our care home shows act as dress rehearsals. We do not sell tickets, you may invite as many people as you want.
12. Calendar Alert: The Monday classes will have class on May 29th even if it is Memorial Day. Too close to recital to skip.
13. Progress : this week we pushed on and finished quite a few dances. It’s exiting to see the progress made.