Dec 5th VDS Newsletter
1. MAYOR’S CHRISTMAS PARTY!! What a great performance! I’m so proud of my dancers getting up on a stage and performing like that! The littlest dancers looked like they were having so much fun. Trooper award to Rio who in spite of having to wear a green skirt did all her dances. I swear there were 4 red skirts in the tub when I went to Feztival of Trees!
As usual I didn’t take a single photo so I really would appreciate you sending me any you took or just tag me on FB. I mean to take pictures but I just got busy with the kids.
2. TUITION: Autopay will run Dec. 10th for tuition.
3. INVOICES: thanks to dear friend and student I have all my computers and printers talking to each other, so I am now able to print out invoices and newsletters. I think this will help those of you who have difficulties with the digital information. If an invoice has a partial payment, like a credit I’ve applied, sometimes it doesn’t go through the autopay. You might not have noticed and so that invoice has remained open.
4. COSTUMES: I have been measuring dancers and will begin picking out costumes to compliment the music choices for our spring shows. I intend to order all before end of December. I allow 2 inches plus the measurement I take to account for growth as we order in Dec for a June performance. It is so much easier to take in a costume than to try to make one bigger!
5. CHOREOGRAPHY NOTsE: I am sending home choreography notes with the Comets, Meteors and Constellation. Why? Learning to read choreography is a skill that is helpful to older dancers as it integrates both visual, and kinetic learning. I suggest that dancers begin a notebook to keep choreography, etc in. My alumni tell me they enjoy looking at their old dance notes.
6. WINTER RECITAL DEC. 18th.
a. 10:00 MONDAY AND TUESDAY DANCERS – ARRIVE 9:45 TO GET READY
b. 11:15 WED AND THURSDAY DANCES: - ARRVE 11:00 TO GET READY.
This is a very casual recital held in our studio classroom. Seating is limited. We will set up some chairs and parents who are able can sit on the floor. You may video and take photos. We just want to show you what we have been learning.
7. WINTER BREAK Studio closed Dec. 22 – Jan 2 – classes resume Mon Jan 3rd.
8. TWINKLE TOTS 3 BEGINS Jan. 3 – it is open for registration now.
9. SNOWFLAKE SPARKLES our elf has been a bit busy, she’s set up her Christmas tree, read books and even invited some of the stuffies to read with her. Unlike some elves she is not a bit naughty. The dancers have been great about looking and obeying the biggest Elf Rule: Do not touch the elf!