Nov 28th Newsletter
Nov. 28th VDS Newsletter
1) Reminder that recital fee of $50 for single child + $20 for each additional child will run through auto pay on the 30th. If this is not a good day for you please let me know on by Monday so i can change it.
2) It was a short week with only classes on Monday and Tuesday. I enjoyed a quick visit from my daughter Lisette, who came in Wed, and went back home to Lenexa on Friday. I got my Covid booster shot on Friday and my flu shot.
3) Peformance on Sunday Dec 5 at Mayors Christmas Party at Tony’s Event Center. As of this afternoon I still haven’t been told a time so please check the FB page, Band, the website and emails for updates. I’m sorry, but I’m not in charge. Dancers should wear black leotard, pink tights. Hair in a bun or ponytail. You may add a hair accessory if you wish. Light eyeshadow of brown, green or blue, a touch of mascara, a red or rosy lipstick is fine since this is a stage performance.
4) I will begin measuring dancers this week for our Spring Recital costumes so that I can get them ordered before the end of December. I always allow for growth. I am only ordering in stock costumes this year to avoid the supply chain difficulties. (Some brands of ballet slippers are backordered till April!)
5) We will have a casual holiday recital on Saturday Dec. 18th.
« The Monday and Tuesday dancers will perform at 10am, the Wed and Thur dancers at 11 am.
« We will be performing in the studio. Parents can sit on folding chairs or the floor. It will be “cozy”.
« You may record.
« Dancers will wear their class uniform of black leotard, pink tights. I will have skirts as at the other performances. Hair should be in a bun or neat ponytail. Dancers may wear some eyeshadow and lipstick if they wish.
« Twinkle Tors will wear their lavender uniform.
« We will show you our holiday dances and some of our class dances.
This will close out December with no classes until Monday, Jan. 6th. It’s not exactly following the USD305 calendar but seemed a better fit. This will also end the Twinkle Tots 7 week session 2. Session 3 will begin Jan 6 and 7.
As always this is an “opt out”. Please let me know if your dancer can not attend.